in our hearts there's a spark
I’m fortunate to know Diana Kimball, who started a distributed mentoring movement. When I saw Diana present this great talk, it gave me the motivation to join up. It’s because of people I know that I’m the person I’ve become.
Here are some things I am proud to do. If these spark something in you, drop me a line.
- Writing poems and convening a writers’ critique group. In general, I am constantly working to make writing a fulfilling side hustle.
- Making a successful Kickstarter project for my first chapbook. I had so much fun meeting internet strangers who loved this weird idea.
- Working on the administrative end of Ag47, an all-female arts mentorship collective.
- Thinking and writing about how the internet intersects big ideas like attention, feminism, inclusion, and social good.
- What are you excited about?
- What are you struggling with?
- What would you like to gain from our mentoring relationship?
- And where online can I learn more about you?
I’ll respond within two weeks, no matter what. If it seems like there’s a lot we can learn from each other, let’s continue corresponding. Although I’m putting this out into the world without any particular expectations, it’d be excellent to work on projects together – or just critique each other’s work. I’m excited for what might happen. I hope to hear from you.